Sunday 19 July 2015

New season

Hi all

I've been giving a lot of thought to the coming season and think it's important I share my plans with you before it gets under way and subs are paid.  Providing every player registers  (please confirm asap if you do not intend to) we have 17 in the squad but unlike last season, there will be no rotation policy and no minimum amount of game time.  With the move away from mini soccer to adult rules and to be competitive in what will be a big step up to Division 1, I feel now is the right time introduce competition for places and start with, what I believe to be the strongest starting line up available each week.

Everything I have been told by other managers who have made the transition to 11 a-side, is that a good size squad is required to cover injuries, sickness and, in particular, players away doing other activities, so over the course of a season every player should have plenty of involvement on match days but obviously I cannot guarantee how much.   Also, with longer games on bigger pitches players will inevitably get tired, so substitutions will play a very important part in matches - role on role off subs are still permitted this year. 

Starting places will be picked on merit and performance and attitude in training will count as a big part towards this and I very much hope this strategy will make for a great season and all round progression for the boys.


I hope I can count on your support, but if you have any queries or concerns about the above, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.

Jon

No comments :

Post a Comment