Sunday 10 November 2013

Central United 2-7 St Martins

A tough game as expected yesterday and whilst the best team won on the day but I think the scoreline flattered them.  I thought we made a decent start to game and gave as good as we got but unfortunately  conceded 3 scrappy goals taking us into the break 3-0 down. Less than a minute after kick off Zak Milling scored after making an excellent run and another comeback looked on the cards, but once they got their forth their confidence grew and they started passing really well showing why they are a division 1 side.  Ollie continued his goal scoring run with a late consolation goal as well as making an amazing acrobatic save earlier on in the game earning him the captains armband for the next game.

The good news is that being knocked out in the first round means we automatically go into the Under 11's Plate Competition.  I don't know much about it yet but think it's a day tournament and have heard that it's normally good fun - I will let you know details nearer the time.

I hope you all like your new jackets which were also paid for by the sponsorship money I got from my work - all spent now!

Look forward to seeing you at training tomorrow.

1 comment :