Sunday 15 December 2013

Central United 0 - 4 Brixington United

Thank you all so much for my bottle of champers and voucher, I was not expecting that!  It was a lovely gesture and much appreciated.  I'm afraid it's not looking like we are going to win the league this year, so I might as well enjoy the bubbly now! Every cloud!! ;-)

Regarding yesterday's game, the scoreline definately flattered Brixington.  I thought we did really well in the first half and deserved to go into the break at least 1 goal ahead. For some reason we struggled to find our rhythm in the second half but still managed to keep things level until the last 15 minutes, during which time we conceded 4 goals in quick succession giving us no time to respond.

Man of the Match goes to Matthew Williams for his superb work rate and playing so well despite having to play out of position.  Matthew - as you have had the captains armband before and I want to share the captain's duties around over the season I hope you don't mind, on this occasion, me giving it to Joseph who I felt had a solid game at left back.

It was good to see such a good turn out at the Waterfront for a continuous conveyor belt of dustbin lid pizzas - I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

Finally, a big thank you to those of you who helped with the snack bar and changing rooms.  You'll be glad to know that City will be taking care of it all in February meaning we don't have to do it again until next season.


No comments :

Post a Comment