Monday 7 July 2014

A few things

Hi all

Firstly, I wanted to say well done to those who played in Culm Sampford Tournament on Saturday; I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.  It was a good effort and a real shame that we didn't quite make the semi finals.  To concede in the dying seconds of extra time after such a good performance was a bit disappointing but i'm afraid that's the way it goes sometimes!  By the way, defending corners will definitely be on the agenda for pre season training!!

On the subject of training, we have been given the same slot for the coming season on Monday evenings (7pm - 8pm) at Exeter School.  I will let you know the date this starts in due course.

I know it's a bit early for a pre-season friendly but I have made provisional arrangements for us to play a match against a German boys team in Exmouth next Wednesday, 7pm KO.   They are currently staying at a European Football Camp and I didn't want to pass on the opportunity to play them as thought it would be a good experience for the boys and something they would enjoy, so long as it doesn't go to a penalty shoot out!!!  I would appreciate it if you could let me know asap, one way or the other, if your son can play so I can finalise details.

Many thanks.
Jon

1 comment :